Ah, August week 2 is here, and so it is time to share my TBR. I want to say that I failed (on an epic scale) last week when it comes to my reading. Depression is kicking my butt, and anxiety as well. I will try better. There will be a readathon in August called the Readathin. I’ll link it here. I’m hopeful.
This readathon is a month-long journey and so I am hoping to keep updating my participation each month. Doing this will help motivate me and keep me accountable. My family is expecting some visitors, so to cope with my anxiety, I want to read more. Wish me luck.
Actually, let’s take a look at these challenges, and geek out together. Like I said, I am hopeful.
- Read a 2017 release
- Read a book that is the same color (or a similar color) as your birthstone
- Read a diverse book
- Read a book with a title or author with the same first letter as the first letter in your first name (the words “a” and “the” don’t count)
- Read a book that is related to your favorite emoji
Read a book starting with a letter from TBR (the word “the” doesn’t count) Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Read a book with a summer themed cover
Read a book with a warm colored cover (orange, red, yellow, brown) Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
- Start and finish a series
- Read a book in 24 hours
Read a new to you author. Graceling by Kristen Cashore
- Book with water on the cover
- Read a book set in summer
- Buddy read a book
- Read a book recommended to you by someone in the book community
- Read a guilty pleasure read
- Read an adult/new adult book
- Read a book outside of your favorite genre