Hello! I watched this book tag on Julie’s channel (Pages and Pens). It’s called the Wonder Woman Book Tag. If you’d like to join in on the fun, feel free to snag the questions for your blog and/or YouTube channel. Let’s begin.
1. Wonder Woman: Your favorite badass female book character
Probably Aileana from The Falconer or Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy. I love them both.
2. Fantasy Island: A Book Setting you want to escape to
Furthermore! (Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi)
3. London: A Hyped book that let you down
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz. It just wasn’t for me. Ari was an annoying protagonist and I did not like him at all.
4. Steve Trevor: A Book that has a beautiful Cover and a Great Story (i.e. great personality)
The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon.
5. Lasso of Truth: A Book you hated
“Hate” is a really strong word, and I don’t like spreading that kind of energy out to the book community. However, I can say that, in general, David Levithan books don’t jive well with me. If I had to use examples, You Know Me Well by David Levithan and Nina LaCour was frustrating.
6. Wonder Woman’s Shield: A book so sad you need a shield
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
7. No Man’s Land: A book you want to send through No Man’s Land (i.e. shoot it to death)
My Antonia by Willa Cather (let’s romanticize the immigrant narrative. I read this, like, ten years ago. I still hate it with a passion).
8. Ares: A Villain that is scary, but you can’t seem to hate
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo. The Darkling is actually pretty interesting. I wish there was more of him in the story.
9. Dr. Poison: A Villain that has no reason to exist
That girl in The Selection. What’s her face? Her name? Celeste, I think? Yeah, there is no need for shaming a girl who is ambitious and privileged. The whole book is about how Celeste is a jerk face for wanting to win, even though her family is well off.
10. The Amazons: A book that you wish had more/better LGBT+ representation
Hmm. Harry Potter series? Narnia? Lord of the Rings?
11. Justice League: What superhero book friends do you tag?
Ely and Mich, Inge and the Gang, Annemieke, Shannon. If you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged.