As 2018 approaches, I am going to try challenging myself to read and comment more often. This idea came from the lovely NovelKnight, who tweeted about 2018 challenges they will be participating in. SO. Being the entirely original peeps that I am, I am following suit. Let’s go!
Because of my anxiety, I don’t want to really talk about teams and sign up officially for any of this. (Surprise! I am breaking the rules already).
I have learned that back-list books are books that are older than the current year. In other words, for 2018, I will have to be reading books published in the years prior. Here are some of the books I want to try to get to.
1. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
2. Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
3. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
4. The Siren by Kiera Cass
5. The Diviners by Libba Bray
6. Fairyland series by Cathrynne M. Valente (at least read the first one)
7. Gail Carriger’s Parasol Protectorate series (at least read Soulless)
8. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertali
9. Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
10. Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
11. Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
12. Any Gaiman book
I have many serious I want to try to read this year. Here are some of them for my potential TBR.
1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy
2. Seven Realms books (basically, I need to read as much Cinda Williams Chima as possible to catch up)
3. Mistborn first or second trilogy.
4. Legend trilogy by Marie Lu
5. Remnant Chronicles trilogy by Mary E. Pearson
6. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
7. Chaos Walking trilogy
8. Firebird trilogy by Claudia Grey
9. Fallen Kingdom by Morgan Rhodes
10. Shiver trilogy by Maggie Steifvater
11. Unspoken trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan
12. Half Bad trilogy by Sally Greene
The Young Elites trilogy by Marie Lu
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I am going to attempt to comment on more blogs and just make more friends, in general. From what I have noticed, I don’t comment enough, not even on my own blog do I reply to conversations. It’ll be hard to socialize on some days, I know (and part of this is to push me out of those cycles).